Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Earthquakes

Today, Kathy came over after school. We walked to Hiawatha Park and sat on the swings and then walked home. Isn't it amazing how many anthills you see at this time of year? I was very careful not to step on any and potentially kill all those harmless ants and their homes. It would kill a little bit of my soul if I did.

Anyway, the point of this blog post is earthquakes, obviously, as you can tell by the title. I am interested in earthquakes now, because I watched a video in science class about the 6.8 earthquake that hit Kobe, Japan in 1995. Video:



Another one like that hit San Francisco in 1998, and another one right here in Seattle in 2001. Why is it that even though I was four, I have never personally experienced an earthquake before in my life? I'd like to, because it would be kind of fun, but I'm not saying that the damage afterward wouldn't suck.

I was talking to Raechelle about this and we were surfing YouTube for videos and there was one about a sinkhole that opened up right underneath a house and the whole family inside the house most likely died. Is it heartless that while I was watching the video, I was really mostly thinking about how much I hated the blue roof? It was blue! What the hell!

In other news, I heard that both Two and Max think I'm interesting. This is meaningful to me, because apparently Max had a questionable attitude about me. But yesterday, on the bus for the field trip, Me, Kathy, and Max were all talking together, and Max thinks I'm a good person now. I'm not so sure exactly about Two, but he's been noticing that I'm there a lot more than he used to, so I'm pretty excited. This might be the first sane and/or good-looking guy that has had an interest in me since Jack Henderson. Everybody else has been crazy and/or gross. Mostly gross people. Names? Why not. Roger and Rudolph were/are gross, Randolph is both, and Ronald was crazy. Ugh. I'm shuddering at the thought of all of them. I have to go, like, now, though, so some other time I will tell you the story of these people, because most of you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Bye!

No comments: