Monday, April 5, 2010

Ah, Avril.

I've been listening to Avril Lavigne's second album (the one that she released before she started sucking), and I came across a cute video of before she was famous.



Comparing to her nowadays...



Yeah. The first one was much better. Now, I must write a letter that I would send to her, but I won't, because I would be too embarrassed and she might get mad.

It will be posted below.

Dear Avril,

When I was about three years old and you put out your first album, Let Go, I was turned on to your music. I loved it. That was primarily the music that I would listen to. When you put out your second album, songs like He Wasn't began to say that you were going downhill into terrible music that unfortunately most people listen to now. I do congratulate your recent songs like Alice and When You're Gone, but they have been too overstated all over the place that I have started to lose interest in your music.

Recently, I have listened to most of your first two albums and have realized how much you screwed up recently, but I can understand that you want to be popular and keep up with the times. Depending on who likes what kind of music, this is an arguable statement that I am making with this letter.

For instance, whenever I mention your first and second albums around school, people say, "Oh, The Best Damn Thing? I love that album!" And I will have to correct them and say how much I dislike that album, and the first two were the best.

Again, this point is arguable, because I personally am interested in music that no one has heard of; most things that aren't popular, like your first and second album. Also, unlike most people, I listen to lyrics and the way a song goes, and I like the song based mostly on the lyrics making sense and something that I could identify with. Songs like Girlfriend and Hot are not songs that I would be interested in, therefore making me lose interest in your music.

Thank you for reading, and all I was saying was my personal opinion, so it would be in most people's best interest if you could take to mind the gist of what I'm saying or throw this letter aside if you have better things to deal with. I completely understand if that happens.

Regards,
Kayleigh Downing
Ex-fan

I felt like something needed to be said, and that is exactly what I think. So there. Bye.

No comments: