Thursday, October 7, 2010

Respectively Titled Blog Post.

One word.

Spectrum.

No, not a rainbow.

No, not a span of light.

The honors program at my school.

Details:

So, during 7th period science, Ms. Smith called me up to her, and I thought I was in trouble because I had a bad grade, but it turns out that I was supposed to go to the office because Mr. Suzuki called and said he wanted me to come down to the office. So, naturally, I freaked out, thinking I did something wrong.

When I got to the office, I walked up to the front desk and didn't even need to say anything until Mr. Suzuki saw me and said that Mr. Cooper (principal) wanted to see me. So I freaked out even more, thinking what I could have possibly done that was this bad. It was barely even the second month of school!. Mr. S said that hopefully it was for a good thing because he knew that I of all people wouldn't do something this bad.

When I got to Mr. Cooper's office (which is REALLY nice, by the way), he recognized me (how in the hell do all of these staff members recognize me like that? Do they memorize the faces of the people who they want to see?) and said, "Ah. Kayleigh. Come in." So I sat down at the nice little table where there were LOTS of chairs, which made me wonder how often he actually has to use all of those chairs, but that's irrelevant.

The first thing he said was, "So, I have your schedule right here," and I got really really really excited, "and I know you and your family have been trying very hard to get you into Spectrum." which made me feel kinda bad because my parents had made multiple phone calls and I thought that I had annoyed them. Then he said some other things that I didn't hear behind my elation, and then he said, "On Monday, you can come pick up your schedule when you get here first thing." And then there were some formal goodbyes and "have a good weekend"s and then I couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the day.

All I can think about right now is Spectrum. Ahhhh, lovely solace.

Well, that's it. And miraculously, I'm tired at 10:30. How strange.

Goodnight, everybody.

No comments: